What is Home Staging?
Home Staging is professionally preparing homes for sale, so that they appeal to the most buyers and generate the highest price in the least amount of time on market. Staged Homes traditionally present themselves better than the competition by being clean, clutter‐free, and ready to show to prospective buyers.
Home Staging is NOT
Decorating, fluffing, interior design or redesign.
Instead, Home Staging is
Detailing, de‐cluttering, depersonalizing and preparing a seller’s home to give it a “model home” appearance so that the potential buyer can “see” themselves living in the home.
A Home Stager can utilize a home owners current furnishings and décor, or a stager can bring in furnishings and décor.
Kat is a certified American Home Staging Professional (ASP) Realtor. She offers complimentary staging consultations. Most of her commission packages include some level of staging.
Benefits of Staging
- Faster Sales Time ‐ Reduce Time on Market
- Best Sales Price
- Professional Image ‐ Staged homes look better in print and internet advertising.
- Great Market Differentiator for Realtors and Properties
- Distinct Marketing Advantage over unstaged homes
- Attract a broader range of buyers ‐ Staged homes are more appealing and re recognized as the best properties to see.
- Buyers view Staged Homes as well cared for properties.
- Home Inspectors view Staged homes as cared for properties.
- Appraisers are more likely to appraise Staged homes at full value.
- Tax Advantages ‐ Staging is tax deductible as advertising under IRS Publication 523.
Kathy Anderson is a Certified by the Accredited Staging Professionals.